Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bad Mommy, Huge Udder

Well, Holly finally had a very large buckling. Yes, I know, more stinky boys, just what I need. He is about the size of Frosty's week old buckling. I was hoping another would pop out but only the one. Holly's udder is humongous and nice and soft. She will give us lots of milk! She, however, refuses to let the kid anywhere near her teats. Stef has to hold her while I hold him up to nurse. Oh boy here we go again.

My camera has gone MIA. Can't find it anywhere. I'm starting to think I left it in the car with the doors unlocked. It is driving me crazy without the camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


I'm old . that is my excuse.
I meant, in the last comment,
easier then frosty's
ggma

Tiffany said...

We waited and checked on her all day for her to go in to labor. It was obvious she was going to. Then Stef looked out and said,"A baby is coming!" I got a few things out of the fridge then ran outside. She had two hooves sticking out of her back end. We got her in the kidding pen and a few minutes later she was pushing him out. He was so big I had to help pull him. So we don't know how long she was actually pushing before he started coming out.