Friday, March 14, 2008

Rabbit Colony

We are Making a colony for our rabbits. We don't keep any of our other animals in small cages and would rather let the bunnies run around too. The males will have to be kept caged but the girls can run free! Well sort of. First we had to dig an almost two foot trench. NOT FUN! It took 3 days going back and forth about renting a trencher to dig this sucker out.


We buried chicken wire in the trench so hopefully the rabbits will not burrow outside of the colony. Yeah, yeah, the whole time we were digging I was thinking, I know they are still going to get out. We'll see, I hope not. Then we thought the baby kits would be able to fit through the chicken wire and outer fence so we ended up putting the old siding from our house on the inside of the chicken wire.


Okay, I know it is looking a bit...hmmm...trailer parkish (heehee, get it, siding from the trailer?). Just wait you haven't seen anything yet. This is the Bunny Cabana. I will put a ramp up to the platform and put their feeders and a hay silo in here for them.

Not exactly 4 stars, but I don't think they will complain. In fact, as far as rabbit accommodations go...

No comments: