Friday, March 21, 2008

New Goats


I was at the feed store today and a lady renting a U-Haul (yes, they do that too) asked if anyone was interested in some free goats, a doe and a wether. She had been evicted and had nowhere to take them. She said they were meat goats, I asked Boer, Spanish or what? She didn't know. I went to look at them and they looked pretty rough, matted hair, a bit skinny, eating a box off cereal. They were super friendly though... I couldn't just leave them like that... They look more like my Nubians than my Boer or Spanish goats. What do you think? They are in quarantine right now, who knows whats wrong with them. I just noticed the doe has blood on her vulva, I hope I didn't bit off more than I can chew.

What do you think? What kind are they?

2 comments:

Finn said...

Nu-boers? Nubian / Boer cross.

Anonymous said...

They are mostly beautiful!
GG-Pa