Thursday, March 6, 2008

Garden Trellis

I know this is silly but I'm excited about my garden trellis for the peas. We have Yaupon trees all over in the woods. I like to cut it down because it makes the place look alot more cleaned up. I used to just burn them, but now i have the boys strip the branches off the main trunk. We use the branches for the sides of the goat shelters and I'm starting to use the main trunks and some of the more substantial branches for trellising in the garden. This is my first one for the peas. I'm going to make the next one for cucumbers. This is exciting because a year ago I wouldn't have thought about being able to make my own trellis, I would have went looking to buy one. It feels so good to use free, available, natural material for so much of the stuff we are doing now.">

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


you are good my terris never never looked that good
I am jealous
ggma