Sunday, July 13, 2008

MMM... Ice Cream

Misty and I went garage saling Saturday and found some really great stuff. I am trying to downsize, but somehow it was all MY stuff packed into Misty's car. Some of the items I can't tell you about because they are a surprise for one of my most avid readers. (you didn't think I forgot your birthday present did you Gma? You know me, no matter what the occasion you get to celebrate extra long because my gifts never make it on time).

One item I can tell you about is the $2.00 ice cream maker with rock salt! Misty talked me into it, it's her fault. It is a huge model, but I have enough milk to make large quantities at one time and I would hate to have to make ice cream two times because the maker was too small. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Those of you who know me, know I do not have room in this house for an extra large ice cream machine, but I'm so glad I got it.

We made ice cream Saturday and it was fantastic! This batch was just vanilla. Next will be a peach ice cream with Aunt Anne's recipe then I want to try chocolate.

Also, I found a cheese I am in love with! It is just the chevre with herbs d provence. Tastes like France to me! I still don't have the creamy texture I want, but the crumbly cheeses are awesome on salads. The cranberry cinnamon sugar cheese turned out great too. WOOHOO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

peer pressure, peer pressure ;-)

sorry we bailed on you sat night, we went home and straight to bed...it's hell getting old! i tasted the ice cream and it was yummy, i only wish we would've had a bowl before leaving!! laying in bed that night i kept thinking of that $3 chair, wonder if they'll have it next time? i may have to do a drive by...

Tiffany said...

You should definitely go back and inquire about the chair. Do you remember where it was? I'm sorry, I should have been a better friend and forced YOU to buy it. So now I say if you remember where it was go by and knock on the door and ask. They were super nice, they won't care!

Anonymous said...


Hi Tiffany: GG-Pa here! Tell me more about THE CHEESE, please! In the deli at little Dahl's I got Some Lorraine cheese. Not in the same league, but pretty good.
Love: GG-Pa

Anonymous said...


you and ggpa can have the cheese,but the peach icecream my
favorite, especilly home made.

Okay...what is it you know I am
excited because your grage gifts are always so much fun.

Picked beans yesterday and today
speakig of good eats.

If all goes well I may cann end of week

love
O L D up North