Sunday, September 14, 2008

More Dogs...

...than goats now! I am very happy today. I put an ad in Craigslist for the remaining goats and someone came to look at them today. He told me they were going to use the girls for breeding and possibly milking. I was very happy because I didn't want Frosty turned into a taco. He only took the boys because they were such a good price. Well he showed up with his wife and their 4 young children and I was beside myself knowing all of the goats are going to a happy in their new home. YEAH!!

We are thinking about getting a couple of pigs to put in the old buck's pen. J.D. needs someone to protect now that the boys are gone. He gets too nervous around all the other animals and dogs.

Stef also finished getting electricity to the barn today. Now we don't have to go to the shed to turn the light on in the barn anymore. We can also put a radio in the barn now.

So, yes we have 4 Great Pyrenees and only 3 goats. Next week we will be getting another Alpine doe that is already in milk and don't forget about the pigs! So we will start evening out a little bit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiff -- Do you remember how much the pigs stunk at the farm? I hope the pigs you get don't stink!! I just thought I would refresh your memory on that subject. Love, Mom

Tiffany said...

If you'll remember correctly, that was fresh air we were smelling. Remember???

Anonymous said...



Fresh air? So Mom's chikens came home to roost (or should I have said 'pigs'?)

Love
Stu or GG-Pa

Anonymous said...


YEA for graig's list and another Yea for Stef... electicty is good, radio is also good.

Pigs are also good..their not so bad if you keep the pens clean.

the boys might light that better then plucking chickens.