Monday, September 15, 2008

I Did It

The ranch is now 7 roosters lighter. The boys and I did it ourselves today. I was able to cut the heads off okay. The boys need to get faster at plucking though. We lost the last few roos to dog food. They were getting so dried out from being dead when I tried to eviscerate them the smallest knick and they leaked out yucky stuff and soiled the meat. Oh well, at least they won't go to waste.

I was going to do the ducks today also, but couldn't do it. I had a few chicken heads that didn't come off clean enough. I think the butcher knife needs sharpened and I didn't want to risk it with the ducks. And honestly, duck feet kind of freak me out with the claws at the end of them and all. They will just have to wait for Stef.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...



that left you 4roosters. Did you cook them or can them.

Canning chicens are easy and they tast real good as in chik and Noodles or soup etc.

By the way My train is so much fun..What I should do is retire buy a large heater for the garage then put our 2 monroe tables together then I could play all day.

all kidding aside it is such a nice train best of all such a thoughful gift.

love

Tiffany said...

I just put them in the deep freeze for later.

Anonymous said...

YIKES - remind me to never piss you off!! heehee.
Good job and let me know when we can come for dinner ;-)