Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bye, Bye, Goaties

Edwin, our neighbor, and a dad of the boys' friends will be taking 4 of our goats this weekend. They are taking our Boer goats, Big Mama, Elvis, Sissy, and Dekley. They are also buying one of the puppies, Taco.

Now I can take pictures of the rest of them and put them for sale on Craigslist. We are only keeping 3 does and one buck. We are keeping Holly, Lil Bit, Flower and Rocky. So that means I am going to try to sell Trouble, Alvin, Tipsy, and Frosty. I am so torn on what to do with Frosty. She has become such a pet goat, always looking to be loved on. I don't want to keep her and have her get mastitis again. I can't put anymore money into her. Plus, her daughter, Tipsy has fish teats, and I don't want to feed her through the winter and her give me more does with messed up teats. I might see if I can give her to someone willing to give her a chance and not eat her. Actually, if I decide to do that, I bet Edwin would take her.

After, or probably while, I am rehoming these goats, I am looking to acquire 2 new ones. I am looking at a new Alpine buck. Fran and I are going to take a field trip to His Fruitfulness Farm to look at a couple of registered bucks. I am also looking for another registered Alpine doe.

Then we will breed Rocky to Lil Bit, and the Alpine buck to Holly, Flower, and the other new goat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



Sounds like a plan..Really a very good plan.

This relieves all of you the pain of deciding who and which to kill for the market place.

I like
the way you really care
and plan for your livestock.

love